Beef Tamale Pie (4 Servings)
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1 to 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups corn chips
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated prepared salsa, drained
- Additional salsa if preferred
- Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking it up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off excess fat.. Add cheese and taco seasoning, cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile place 2 cups corn chips in 9-inch pie plate. Crush chips slightly to lay flat on bottom of pie plate.
- Spoon beef mixture over crushed corn chips; press gently with back of spoon to form
- even layer. Top with remaining 1 cup corn chips and 1/2 cup salsa. Serve immediately.
- To serve, cut pie into and carefully remove with pie server. Top with additional salsa, and extra cheese if desired.