Lemon-Herb Beef Pot Roast (8 Servings)
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (3 to 3-1/2 lb)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1lb small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tbsp water
- 1⁄2 tsp fresh (or dried) basil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh (or dried) basil
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown pot roast, approx 1.5 minutes each side.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2.5 hours. (Check roast after one hour and if liquid is low add another cup of water). After 2.5 Hours add vegetables; simmer, covered, 25-35 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Skim fat off. Stir cornstarch mixture and 1/2 tsp basil into cooking liquid; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast; season with salt if desired. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
- If your pot roast is under 3 lbs, adjust simmer time by 20-30 minutes.