Beef With Red Beans & Rice (4 Servings)
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) red or kidney beans, drained
- 1 pkg (5.4 to 6.8 oz) Mexican rice mix with seasonings
- Diced tomato
- Brown ground beef with bell pepper in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink. Pour off excess fat..
- Stir in beans. Add rice mix, seasonings and water according to package directions, omitting oil or margarine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook according to package directions until rice is tender. Top with tomato.