Skillet Steaks With Sauteed Wild Mushrooms (4 Servings)
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1 to 1-1⁄4 pounds beef top sirloin steaks or chateaubriand steaks,
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups assorted wild mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, shiitake, enoki and morel) Can substitute button mushrooms if desired
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and 1 clove minced garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and browned. Remove; keep warm.
- Combine thyme and remaining garlic; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks in same skillet over medium heat; cook 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally using tongs. Remove to platter.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Top with mushrooms.