Spicy Portuguese Beef Steak Kabobs (6 Servings)
Total Recipe Time: 30 minutes
- 1-1⁄2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-1⁄4 inches thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
Cut beef steak into 1-1⁄4-inch pieces. Combine seasoning ingredients in medium bowl. Add beef; toss. Alternately thread beef and bell pepper onto six 10-inch metal skewers.
Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once. Season with salt.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of niacin and iron.