Ground Beef, Wild Rice & Mushroom Bake (4 Servings)
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1-1.5 lbs ground beef
- 8 oz assorted wild mushrooms or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pkg (5.6 to 6.6 oz) long grain and wild rice mix with seasonings (not quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dried tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (or blend mozzarella with cheddar)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef with mushrooms in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in rice, seasonings and tomatoes. Transfer to 2-qt baking dish. Stir in amount of water indicated on package of rice plus 1/2 cup additional water.
- Bake, covered, in 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.