Beef Ranch Zucchini Stir Fry (6 Servings)
Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- 1lb beef top sirloin steak, cut 3⁄4 inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Package (12 oz) gnocchi
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini cut crosswise into thirds then lengthwise into quarters
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (reduce amount for less spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ounce ricotta cheese crumbled
- 4 teaspoons chopped toasted walnuts or pine nuts
- Cut beef steaks lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add gnocchi; cook 4 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently to brown evenly. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Season with black pepper and salt, as desired; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add zucchini, onion, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and red pepper; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in gnocchi, beef and basil; cook and stir about 1 minute to heat through. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Divide beef mixture evenly among 4 individual bowls. Sprinkle each with cheese and walnuts before serving.