100% Grass Fed Beef - All Natural
Our pasture raised beef is the best beef you can serve to your family. Humanely raised in the lush grasslands near Ferndale, California, our stock of Red Devon and British Breeds cross cattle graze naturally year round. All natural, grass fed, with no added hormones or antibiotics, and with minimal processing, our beef is the safest and most delicious way to enjoy steaks, roasts, ground beef, and other cuts. Gourmet beef, direct to your plate, from our ranch in Humboldt County.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is our beef ready?
- Is there a difference between our 100% grass fed beef and organic?
- Is our ground beef lean?
- Does grass fed beef need to be cooked differently than grain fed beef?
- Why is grass fed beef healthier than grain fed beef?
- Does Bear River Valley Beef use any grain feeds?
- How much meat will fit into my freezer?
- How much does it cost to run a freezer to store my beef at home?
- How long can I store my beef in a freezer?
- What payment methods do you use?
- Is my personal information safe?
- How is beef shipped?
- How is beef processed and packaged?
- Can I request a specific delivery date?
- Can I track my shipment?
- Is our beef guaranteed?
- Is our beef USDA inspected?
- Q. When is our beef ready?
A. Our beef is available for ordering all year round.
- Q. Is there a difference between our 100% grass fed beef and organic?
A. Yes. With our 100% grass fed product there is no grain fed ever. Organic can be grain fed. Grass fed is higher in Vitamin E, beta carotene, Omega 3 fatty acids and also higher in CLA's compared to organic grain fed.
- Q. Is our ground beef lean?
A. Yes, most definitely. Our ground beef is as lean as skinless chicken and wild deer.
- Q. Does grass fed beef need to be cooked differently than grain fed beef?
A. Yes. Grass fed beef is lower in fat than grain fed and therefore requires less cooking time and at lower temperatures. See our Cooking Tips.
- Q. Why is grass fed beef healthier than grain fed beef?
A. Grain is not a natural diet for cattle. Grain fed cattle gain weight rapidly and unnaturally and are therefore higher in fat content, calories and cholesterol than grass fed beef. Grass fed beef is also higher in heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and beta carotene which is derived from the grasses and plants that cattle graze upon. See our Health Benefits of Grass Fed Beef page
- Q. Does Bear River Valley Beef use any grain feeds?
A. No. We are 100% grass fed, all grass all of the time.
- Q. How much meat will fit into my freezer?
A. One cubic foot of freezer space will hold approximately 35 to 40 pounds of meat. This would be half of the freezer that sits on top of your refrigerator. A quarter side of beef requires a 2-3 cubic foot freezer and then a half will need an 5-6 cubic foot freezer.
- Q. How much does it cost to run a freezer to store my beef at home?
A. To run an energy efficient chest freezer that would hold one whole beef costs around $30 per year.
- Q. How long can I store my beef in a freezer?
A. Our beef freezes very well and can be kept in a freezer for more than one year.
- Q. What payment methods do you use?
A. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Q. Is my personal information safe?
A. Yes. We do not rent, share or sell your contact or financial information.
- Q. How is beef shipped?
A. We do offer free local delivery to your home or business. Free delivery covers Ferndale, Eureka, Arcata, McKinleyville,Fortuna, Blue Lake and surrounding areas. We ship orders with Fed-Ex on Mondays or Tuesdays only. Orders are shipped in insulated boxes with appropriate ice packs or dry ice. Orders are sent 2 Day Ground service - no signature required. This means that your packages will be left at your delivery address. We do not ship orders without confirming ship date with you via email and telephone.
- Q. How is beef processed and packaged?
A. Our beef is processed at a USDA certified facility and is aged for 14 days. The beef is then handcut and trimmed with care and then packaged in Cryovac vacuum sealed packages that are then frozen. We ship in insulated boxes with either dry ice or frozen gel pacs.
- Q. Can I request a specific delivery date?
A. Yes. We will do our best to accommodate your request. If your meat is being shipped via UPS, we always ship on Monday or Tuesday.
- Q. Can I track my shipment?
A. Yes. We will provide you with your UPS tracking codes upon shipping.
- Q. Is our beef guaranteed?
A. Yes. Bear River Valley Beef tastes so good that we offer 100% satisfaction guaranteed. If you are not happy with your order we will replace or refund the unused portion of your order.
- Q. Is our beef USDA inspected?
A. Yes, it is.